2017 CBusStudentHack Contest Rules
- All submissions must be mobile applications that focus on Columbus’ Discovery District.
- All applications must be developed using one of the three approved platforms only. A brief introduction to each platform will be given at the kick-off event on March 3, 2017. All students will have access to platform materials via BlueQuill (Franklin’s Learning Management solution) starting March 3, 2017.
- Teams may work on validating their app ideas, creating designs, digital mock-ups etc., before March 3, 2017, but actual application building/coding should begin only after the kick-off event.
- Each student can be a member of one team only.
- All teams must have representations at the kick-off event on March 3, 2017, to confirm participation.
- All teams and team members must be present at the final event on April 28, 2017, to receive digital badges and other prizes.
- All teams must post weekly status of their progress.
- There are no constraints on hacking hardware (for e.g., teams can use hardware devices like the Fitbit for their projects).
- All teams are highly encouraged to work with their assigned mentors for any technical/general issues regarding their app development.
- All mentors must be present at the kick-off and final event to receive mentor digital badges.
- Students will have full ownership of every application they create for the event.